Men's Soccer Rehash to end of October.

Moderators: kingaling42, baughn22

Men's Soccer Rehash to end of October.

Postby GoUNCA on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:50 am

The men's team has been torn and been on a tear since the Campbell game.

We were just demolished by UNC-Chapel Hill (expected from a #4 team) and then High Point. High point was a terrible, snow ball game that should be purged from the memory. And we did just that. Turning around to beat Winthrop 1-0 and going on the road (A ROAD WIN!) at PC 2-1.

The fun part is, due to a draw by HPU and GWU. The big south conference regular championship all rides on our game against Radford. Talk about a season turnaround. Hard to express how much better this team is now compared to August. I've mentioned before how much more crisp our possessions have looked from last year to this year. We really blew some non-conference games, but the conference record is respectable. Regardless how wednesday turns out - This team has accomplished a lot with only three seniors.

IFs (as I understand them):
-If we win against Radford - we win the Big South Regular season Championship.
-If we lose against Radford - we can finish between 2nd and 5th

This is the most meaningful men's soccer game to be played at Greenwood in.....well, certainly since I started watching in 2008. We've had some nice upsets, but as far as accomplishing a program goal - this takes the cake.
B.S. Chemistry - UNC-Asheville '08
GoUNCA

Re: Men's Soccer Rehash to end of October.

Postby GoUNCA on Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:48 am

I had said three seniors, but there are six. I'm not sure how I did that.

Radford is a good team and a good program. We have a lot of work to do to catch up with them.

Congrats to the seniors. Finishing 3rd in conference regular season play is a pretty big accomplishment for this group considering where they started. Big step for the program.

Still work to do though, as adding some tournament wins would be a welcome addition to the season.
B.S. Chemistry - UNC-Asheville '08
GoUNCA

Return to Bulldog Soccer