BREAKING NEWS: READ THIS POST

From the casual fan to the vicious volleyball clowns... The home for UNCA Volleyball

Moderators: kingaling42, baughn22

BREAKING NEWS: READ THIS POST

Postby TheThrillaNamedZilla on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:31 pm

JULIE TORBET HIRED AS HEAD COACH OF:

DRUMROLL PLEASE

WINTHROP UNIVERSITY HEAD VOLLEYBALL COACH!

Zilla!

and you guys thought i just talk shit...HA
TheThrillaNamedZilla

Re: BREAKING NEWS: READ THIS POST

Postby UNCA Alum on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:20 pm

Interesting move.
UNCA '06

Kenny George is my hero.
UNCA Alum

Postby kingaling42 on Sun May 01, 2011 1:19 pm

ZILLA- you are amazing, your experience at UNCA has truly prepared you for so many things in life in remaining versatile.. :lol:

I'm happy to see Julie landed on her feet, although the move to Winthrop is somewhat surprising. I think she will do well there with the supports in palce that UNCA is not able to provide our VB team.. speaking of which, anyone else find it interesting that NO hire has occurred yet for the UNCA vacancy? Position has been vacated since mid-February now... I mean, if I'm a current VB player- how would you feel going into the summer without any type of knowledge that you're going to be playing for XXX YYY ZZZ head coach? In other words- it seems next year's team is already in a serious hole & the current players at this point are being held hostage to the program and cannot make moves if they don't like the head coach hired given the timeframes.. That's truly a problem in my eyes.
kingaling42

Postby TheThrillaNamedZilla on Wed May 04, 2011 12:29 am

i think they're interviewing the TC Roberson high school coach...

ZILLA!

ps, honestly, they're considering a former player from unca...forgot the name (sorry) and Frederico Santos

pps...there's a chance that frederico isnt his name...but santos is. he was on the brazillian national team...and frederico sounds brazillian doesnt it?

DOUBLE ZILLA

(when saying 'double zilla' it should sound like the opening from the BEST basketball game ever made, the Nintendo Entertainment System classic 'Double Dribble'
TheThrillaNamedZilla

Postby kingaling42 on Wed May 04, 2011 10:15 am

They prob are interviewing area HS coaches as well- I know that former UNCA VB player, Callie Gieger interviewed a couple weeks back.. hadn't heard of anyone else & certainly no announcement yet.. the timeframe seems piss poor for any candidate to expect much out of the team next year.. I wonder if any of the recruits/current players have decommitted and looking at Rock Hill..

PS- I rocked the rim with the slow-mo reverse jam on Double Zilla.. errr I mean Double Dribble!!
kingaling42

Postby kingaling42 on Wed May 11, 2011 11:24 am

Welcome back to Asheville Fredico Santos.. will be interesting to watch the next Winthrop vs UNCA VB games as former coworkers battle it out.. Santos has some nice local roots as well just like Julie had, recruiting should be interesting within the WNC area..
kingaling42

Return to Volleyball