Prediction Thread

The place to discuss the play of the Lady Bulldogs

Moderators: kingaling42, baughn22

Prediction Thread

Postby the cats on Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:27 am

Here's where you can post your best guess on the lady puppy dog's next two games....

Sat. Nov 29 SC State - 10 point loss

Tue, Dec 2d - WCU - mmmmm..... I'd say 15-20 point loss
the cats

Re: Prediction Thread

Postby uncafan on Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:14 pm

how is WCU women's basketball this year? Last year UNCA had a rough year after the best team in school history lost to LSU in the NCAA tourny.... Haven't been keeping up as much but I'd bet Betsey's crew is going to be back and a lot closer to the top of the Big South this year...we shall see.
uncafan
Site Admin

Postby the cats on Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:54 am

The Lady Cats were preseason pick to finish 2d to Chattanooga. Year before last, the Lady Cats shared the conference title with Chattanooga, last year, the Lady Cats lost to Chatt in the conference tournament. Both teams were hit hard at graduation, but still the two best teams in the conference.
the cats

Postby kingaling42 on Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:51 pm

UNCA's womens program is not off to good start this year with a lone win over Montreat- last game was a narrow lose to SC State 64-67.. I don't pretend to know all the in's & out's of this team issues.. 2 Seniors on the team in Monroe & Baker, no Juniors- it's obvious that experience is lacking.. averaging 22 turnovers a game won't win many games either- so I look for this team to get better going through the season- Betsy & her assistants are great at getting the girls together & gelling throughout the season so we shall see..

So far as the game tonight vs WCU- I'm supportive of the Lady Bulldogs but not sure they can beat a WCU team with returning firepower & picked to finish 2nd in their league- stay tuned, games at 7pm at the Justice..
kingaling42

Postby kingaling42 on Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:13 pm

the cats wrote:Here's where you can post your best guess on the lady puppy dog's next two games....

Sat. Nov 29 SC State - 10 point loss

Tue, Dec 2d - WCU - mmmmm..... I'd say 15-20 point loss

Actually, 3 point loss to SC State..

Hey at least you got the point spread right against Western.. Lady Bulldogs 90 - CAN'Ts 71.. Ouch 19 point loss & I thought your ladies were supposed to be pretty good this year.. I wasn't expecting the win based on our season going into the game & with the predictions folks had for WCU.. That's why the games are played- gotta love the Dog Pound!! Way to go ladies!! Maybe next year Cat's- Joke's on you!!
kingaling42

Postby uncafan on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:02 pm

really didn't know too much about the lady bulldogs but betsy always has the ladies ready to roll...figured we might at least be better than WCU.... But I decided to wait and see...Where you at Cats??
uncafan
Site Admin

Postby kingaling42 on Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:31 pm

Where is Cats???

Turned into alter ego WhatAJoke maybe..
Too busy watching other schools still playing football..
OD'd on Cat Nip I heard after getting bit by the Lady 'Dogs...

A few guesses at least!!
kingaling42

Postby the cats on Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:31 pm

kingaling42 wrote:Where is Cats???

WOW, really didn't expect that outcome. Maybe graduation hurt the Lady Cats more than I realized, but hoping it's a early season anomaly. Guess I deserve anything I get on that one...... :o & :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
the cats

Postby kingaling42 on Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:10 pm

I believe the Lady 'Dogs already said all that needs to be spoken..
kingaling42

Return to Women's Basketball