*IMPORTANT SITE NEWS*

The place to discuss the play of the Lady Bulldogs

Moderators: kingaling42, baughn22

*IMPORTANT SITE NEWS*

Postby uncafan on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:01 pm

(edit: Just a heads up -- going to be testing out some new settings this week in an effort to cut down the traffic from visitors trying to SPAM on the board. Hopefully this won't affect any posters but by working to block some IPs and servers we may accidentally cut someone off -- the new settings will likely go into affect FRIDAY and we'll test them over the weekend. If we haven't had any problems we'll leave them in place for about a week and see what happens... If for some reason you can't access the board anytime after friday its important that you shoot me an email and let me know (uncafan@me.com). I need to know so I can either restore your access directly, or edit the settings to make sure we aren't blocking any members)...

Also a quick update.... doing some general maintenance as I've been slacking over the summer. First due to the ongoing battle against spam posts we had to do a clean-up of user registrations. While on the site we only had 77 officially members -- we had several thousand 'inactive' registrations that were mostly created by attempted spammers. Rather than go through each one at a time i made the decision to save myself about 2-3 hours and just delete all inactive user IDs. So, if you registered previously and you just came back for the first time you *MAY* need to re-register your ID/Email address. This should not affect anyone that has returned to the site after initial registration (so even if you've never posted, as long as you logged in once since registering you should still be good to go). As always if there are any issues please just shoot me an email (uncafan@me.com).

Also going to be testing out some other stuff over the next day or two.... I'll keep you update. But you may see some changes in layout etc. As always suggestions or comments are welcome.

-uncafan
uncafan
Site Admin

Re: *IMPORTANT SITE NEWS*

Postby GoUNCA on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Whenever you get to maintenance stuff, do you think you could add a "soccer" section? I don't think we have to differentiate male and female. Or maybe just a "misc" category to cover our other sports?

Many thanks for all the work you do, as always.
B.S. Chemistry - UNC-Asheville '08
GoUNCA

Postby uncafan on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:05 pm

GoUNCA wrote:Whenever you get to maintenance stuff, do you think you could add a "soccer" section? I don't think we have to differentiate male and female. Or maybe just a "misc" category to cover our other sports?

Many thanks for all the work you do, as always.

yeah i was thinking of doing that... i don't think we'll get a ton of posts -- but certainly we can have something like we do for volleyball, but -- at least with recruiting and some other stuff it'll certainly be better than 'tourists talk' etc.

Probably going to float a little WCU section down there as well -- i don't see any reason we shouldn't encourage some WCU talk -- as well as that rivalry...

Also thinking maybe a general UNCA section -- similar to what they have over at FlameFans.com .... I'll try to get some of this stuff done this weekend.
uncafan
Site Admin

Postby uncafan on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:47 pm

Quick Update:

-Thanks to all of you who reached out when the site was down over the Valentine's day weekend. We had a minor billing issue with the server host and while it was resolved within 12 hrs I had to contact our tech support people to get the site back online.

-Unique Traffic is up significantly this basketball season despite the fact that we have fewer posts. We've been able to see that the increase in hits is not due to SPAM but users that are actually reading posts (just not chiming in).

-Quick reminder if you know of anyone that has had trouble getting registered please reach out and let me know....Despite my efforts the 'SPAM' registration requests are still out of control so I do often miss the 'real' registrations/it takes me a few days to work through which are real and which aren't.

Go Bulldogs!
uncafan
Site Admin

Postby uncafan on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:34 pm

Made a slight modification to registration settings tonight to help reduce the issue of registrations not being confirmed in a timely manner. Also cleaned out USER ID's. If you haven't posted since Jan 1, 2010 your registration has been deleted. Sorry for any convenience and hopefully I didn't accidentally clip any active users in the process.

Thanks!
uncafan
Site Admin

Return to Women's Basketball